Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nelnet Good will Letter - Denied

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Nelnet Good will Letter - Denied

@Anonymous wrote:
I posted on this tread back in 2014 and no one has answered. I still have lates on my nelnet, but I can give you a piece of advice. I was defaulted and I did what's called a rehab. Once I rehabbed my loans and they were picked up by a new Leander, the new lender opened a new line on my credit that went all the way back to when I got the loans. I now have 9 years of good credit and it has outweighed the lates.

I am currently going thru the same situation, I am in a rehab program and they say if I make 9 on time payments for 9 months that my loan will get picked up by my original lender. I was curious how long it took you to get out of default and how long it took your loan to get picked up by new lender. I am currently past my 9 month payment date but nelnet says it's up to the original lender when I get picked back up. 

Message 81 of 88
Anonymous
Not applicable

if I can remember it was probably at the 11 month mark when I got picked up
Message 82 of 88
Anonymous
Not applicable

I, too, am going to keep this thread alive by asking for any and all contacts that anyone might have for Nelnet, especially favorable ones.

I am desperate. Smiley Sad

Message 83 of 88
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes please
Message 84 of 88
crapandgarbage
New Contributor

Please email your Nelnet contacts. I completed a rehab in 2013 but they will not remove the lates for 2011 and 2012. 

Message 85 of 88
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've tried sending GW letters twice for lates that occurred between going into repayment and requesting a forebearance. Although the forebearance was approved, they still would not bulge.

Message 86 of 88
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is an old post but hoping you can share those emails with me as well please?
Message 87 of 88
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've written a goodwill letter for Nelnet. Could someone please PM me the contacts if they have them so I have the best shot possible? Thank you!

Message 88 of 88
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.