Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nelnet contact?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nelnet contact?

Hi Guys,

I need a ceo/vp contact info for nelnet. All i got is the main number and the fax..Please if someone has this pm me.. Thank You

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Nelnet contact?

bump

Message 2 of 9
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

I don't want you to think you're being ignored. Someone who actually can answer your question has to come along and notice the thread. That obviously hasn't happened yet.

It sometimes takes awhile to get a response. I hope you get one soon.  Smiley Happy

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802
EQ - 7/06-663, 3/10-800
TU - 8/10-772
You can do the same thing with hard work

Message 3 of 9
laz98
Senior Contributor

maybe we can get a thread going somewhere for all of these people that are looking for contact info.  seems like there was a recent explosion of people posting, looking for contact info.  might help if it was all in the same place.  maybe they can all help each other?

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

• Toll-free phone: 1.888.486.4722 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              1.888.486.4722      end_of_the_skype_highlighting
    • International caller? Call: 1.303.696.3625 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              1.303.696.3625      end_of_the_skype_highlighting
  • Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. (Eastern) Monday – Friday

Message 5 of 9
amz1121
Valued Member

I sent the CEO of nelnet a goodwill letter in regards to late payments and I received a letter in the mail declining my request. This is the second attempt with a goodwill that has been shot down.

I was under the impression the my student loans were late after I had made a payment with them, a customer service rep told me I made 1 payment than went 180 days late. I did not think it was valid but went with it and emailed the CEO a goodwill letter. Well today I received my payment history and it turns out the "payment" was a refund from the school.

I never received any information from nelnet that my loans had transferred and was assigned to them, I moved and never received a letter, phone call or email...how was I to know I needed to pay them when I did not know they had my account. I am so frustrated and don't know what to do. According to them they do not have a student advocate department and they will not help.

Any suggestions??
Message 6 of 9
dlee
Established Member

You may want to try filing a dispute with the individual credit bureaus to be reviewed.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

A similar thing just happened to me.  Nelnet just contacted me saying that my loan was delinquent by 269 days!  I had never heard one thing from them since the summer of 2006 when I accepted my loan.  I graduated in June of 2011 and began a year long internship.  Since this was completed in JUne of 2012, I assumed I would be hearing from them to start my loan repayment in a few months.  Instead when they called I was one day away from having to repay the loan in full and my credit had already been ruined.  They claimed that all of their statements had been returned for the past 6 years from a dorm address that I lived in for 8 weeks in the summer of 2006.  I never changed my mailing address or phone number to that dorm as I knew it was only temporary and am still living in the house I was born in.  Nelnet claimed that they have a whole staff whose job it is to track people down???  Why didn't they try using the phone number and address on the promissary note and all of my FAFSA applications?  And how, after 6 years, did someone finally think to use my phone number to contact me???   They claim it is my fault for not keeping them informed of my address changes.  I never changed it!  Luckily I was able to make all back payments so my loan did not default but I think it is extremely unfair to have my credit ruined when I pride myself on paying all of my bills on time and without fail.

Message 8 of 9
bahbahd
Established Contributor

Good luck you guys. Nelnet is the hardest & worst to deal with. It is their company policy not to be forgiving in the least, it has to be their mistake for them to correct anything. And I have heard that it is hard to get them to correct their mistakes.

They have been sued by the Federal Government. Nelnet executives make very decent six figure salaries and their bonuses typically match these in dollar amounts. They are in it for the money. Personally I think they could care less about the students they try to help.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.