Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New here! Help me with WellsFargo student loan - "late payment"

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

New here! Help me with WellsFargo student loan - "late payment"

Hello everyone,

A little background information here: I have 2 student loans through WellsFargo 1 private, and 1 Federal. They are for a low amount, only 5k. I chose to defer payments until i got out, but i always paid intrest payments. Recently i had a bill due on 12/01/08, but it seemed like an error since i was still in school. I callled them the day i got the bill and told them my situation, gave them a check by phone to pay BOTH bills. They said i had to reapply for defferment, since something happend with my school not reporting to them. I was pretty dissapointed, so i paid BOTH bills, with a check by phone,and have the history for proof.  I go to check my credit score from December, and its sitting at 688 Eqifax. I feel pretty good about that since im young, no payments ever missed on anything. I check back a few days ago and the score dropped to 590, and shows a 30 day late payment. 

WellsFargo applied my payments to 1 loan, and left the other one upaid. They acknowledged the error and simply said "theres nothing we can do". I asked them to write a letter, or anything to help this matter since my score just plumeted and they refused. He said they applied it to the Federal loan (which can take 60 days to report late) rather than the private (which takes 30 days to report)  What can i do here? 

I have NO:

Large Debts

Missed Payments

Car Loan

Thanks guys...

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.