cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New loan on CR after years of nothing on report after rehab.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

New loan on CR after years of nothing on report after rehab.

I posted  a question a while back and had a couple of responses from people who were in the same situation but noone knew the answer. So, I thought I would post telling what happened to me.

I had a student loan back in 1989 which went into default after I thought it was paid off but a small amount remained. After years of interest grew on it, I ended up owing $2500 and went into the rehab program, but since the loan was already off my report due to its age, I wondered how it would affect my CR once rehab was over. Today I pulled a CR and can definatively give an answer.

It appears as a new loan, however...the date opened says 1989. Also, I dont know if its just me, but I was initially given to ACS after rehab, but after 1 month I was transferred to Great Lakes (who I originally had the loan with) so now I have both on my CR. My score hasnt really changed however and I'm a bit surprised, but maybe someone else can shed some light on that one. ACS shows current/transferred reporting on all 3 CR's and 24mth OK credit on payments on EQ but no payment histories on EX or TU , US Dept of Ed/GLELSI shows current reporting to only EX and EQ, again EQ shows 24mths payments in OK status and no payment history on EX.

I know it sounds confusing, but if you want to see a screen shot just PM me and I'll send...I have them local, so I cant insert in this message since they arent located online.

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.