cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New servicer: Fedloan. How long to report to bureaus?

tag
tlavery
Contributor

Re: New servicer: Fedloan. How long to report to bureaus?

P.s. The default status WILL NOT be removed if I were to do a consolidation.  It would have to age off, but it would be removed from caivrs.

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey rookie08,

Hope your still active. Question for ya.....

I will be consolidating my school loans with FedLoans, I am also in the middle of a bankruptcy. When you went with FedLoans, you mentioned that your past loans showed paid off before FedLoan even reported it. I'm wondering if my chances of getting a credit card after BK Discharge is high if school loans show paid off before FedLoan reports new payments. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

UsoDak

Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question,

With your student loans through FedLoans, does it report the amount that you pay per month on your credit report as well?

I'm looking to eventually get into a home mortgage, and was told that for a conventional loan, the amount that shows on the credit report is what will be part of my monthly debt.

Thanks in advance.

UsoDak

Message 13 of 14
kimbersleep
Contributor

wrote:

Question,

With your student loans through FedLoans, does it report the amount that you pay per month on your credit report as well?

I'm looking to eventually get into a home mortgage, and was told that for a conventional loan, the amount that shows on the credit report is what will be part of my monthly debt.

Thanks in advance.

UsoDak

Hi UsoDak -

I'm looking at the most recent 3-bureau report that I received from MyFico.com, along with the free Equifax & Trans Union credit reports that I pulled today from CreditKarma.com.

The amount of the scheduled monthly payment on my student loan is listed on all of them, along with the highest balance and current balance of the loan.

Best of luck in your home ownership journey!

04/20/17 - Fico Score 8: EQ 695, TU 689, EX 728; Mortgage: EQ 731, TU 740, EX 815 [Starting Point on MyFico]
05/09/18 - Fico Score 8: EQ 827, TU 821, EX 811; Mortgage: EQ 815, TU 795, EX 822 [Latest MyFico 3B]
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.