Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New student loans status?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

New student loans status?

I'm about to be disbursed $30k in student loans next month. I've committed to enslaving myself to medicine so I'll be borrowing on average $30k for each of the next 4 years. Most of what I've read about student loans and credit deal with payments being on time. But for the next 4-5 years, I won't have any payments due since I'll be in school. I'll be squeezing every cent I have to pay off whatever interest I can. Half of the amount is Grad Unsub, half is private through my school.

How will the loans show up at the CRAs? Am I always on time b/c I don't need make any payments? If not, how does it all work when repayment has not started?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New student loans status?

Anyone?
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New student loans status?

Hey. Just for some backstory i went to school from 09/14 to 05/16. I took out four loans 2 subsidized and 2 unsusidized for a grand total of 30,000..

So from the moment each loan reported each month they have been showing as

Payment status - Paid

Payment status details - Current

So yea basically as long as keep going to school the payments should be deffered and it should show as paying as agreed. You will have to worry about payments 6 months after you finish school.

If you dont pay the interest while your going to school you will problem see under " whats hurting your score " The remaning balance on your mortgage or non mortgage installments is too high. Just throwing this in as another data point.

So hope this sheds some light for you and Good luck with Med school !

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.