cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to board. Question about US Department of Education.

tag
CreditUnderConstruction
Established Member

New to board. Question about US Department of Education.

Hey guys I'm new to the board, looking for some insight here. So I have a student loan through US Dept of Ed that went to collections during my time of unemployment. I have since took an offer to pay $100 a month for 10 months then take back over my loan. In return they would delete all the bad months of me not paying and show that all is good. Well They have it posted on my credit report as being paid as aggreed since Nov. of '08. There is a Direct Loans acct showing the same thing, which is what they promised to do. The problem is it's still showing 3 other accounts from before the aggreement. One is showing six(6) 180 days past due and a 150 day past due and 2 other entries where it went to collections. The fact that I have one account from the Dept of Ed and one from Direct Loans is perfectly normal. It's the fact of having the 3 old ones on there that are confusing, like they did half of the aggreement. Any suggections or insight would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

Starting Score: 451Smiley Sad
Current Score: 620
Goal Score: 650+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
CreditUnderConstruction
Established Member

Re: New to board. Question about US Department of Education.

Anybody else had something like this happen? I was wondering if I should call to try and clear it up or if it's normal? I'm in the process of cleaning up my CR so any advice is appreciated.

Message 2 of 6
laz98
Senior Contributor

Welcome to the forums!  Smiley Happy

Sorry no one has come along to help you out yet.  Student Loans is a pretty slow board, not much traffic around here.  Too many unique situations, I guess!

(I didn't answer your post myself because I honestly didn't understand the situation...I hope someone else can offer you some advice!)

Message 3 of 6
CreditUnderConstruction
Established Member

Thanks. I actually just found my answer to the problem. It's in the student loan section titled Student Loan Rehabilitation. FicoTron had the same issue so I'm going to go through the same bs he had to. Once it gets straightened out it will be well worth it.

Message 4 of 6
laz98
Senior Contributor

I'm glad you found an answer!  Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Basically yeah thats exactly what they did.  I have like 6 different accounts with Direct Loans however they applied my payment to only one of my accounts.   I caught that myself.  so next time I have to specify exactly how the payments go.   You have to specify.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.