cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not to pass the blame but, Mom screwed up my student loans. HELP!

tag
tangerinze
New Contributor

Not to pass the blame but, Mom screwed up my student loans. HELP!

Ok, so I had 2 small loans (totally 4k) serviced though AES. They have 10 late payments each, 20 total. I recently consolidated them through Sallie Mae. 

How did I end up with lates??? Still living at home, my mom would THROW AWAY my mail. And ignore any phone calls from Phea--- she has parent plus loans herself, from my sisters- she recently defaulted on them because SHE'S DOING THE SAME THING SHE DID TO ME! She's a fricken idiot. Anyway, because I thought my mother was the trusty, wise person she pretened  to be. I thought my loans were in deferment, only to find out she had been throwing away all my late notices and ignoring the calls... then she made a payment once out of her bank account (I'm assuming she read a letter and paniced?) and then continued throwing away MY MAIL. 

The only reason I discovered I was not in deferment was because I picked up the phone one day when they called.... someone just shoot me. lol. 

Has anyone had luck with AES? I haven't had any so far. Is there any way I can send them a GW letter without sounding irresponsible? I was 19 years old when I graduated college, I didn't know much about student loans, I trusted my mom, I thought she was helping me. Now I just look like a little kid who didn't care about their loans and left it up to their mom and those awful 60, 90, 120 lates are on my credit for another 5 years! 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
bahbahd
Established Contributor

Re: Not to pass the blame but, Mom screwed up my student loans. HELP!

@Jonesarrr wrote:

Ok, so I had 2 small loans (totally 4k) serviced though AES. They have 10 late payments each, 20 total. I recently consolidated them through Sallie Mae. 

How did I end up with lates??? Still living at home, my mom would THROW AWAY my mail. And ignore any phone calls from Phea--- she has parent plus loans herself, from my sisters- she recently defaulted on them because SHE'S DOING THE SAME THING SHE DID TO ME! She's a fricken idiot. Anyway, because I thought my mother was the trusty, wise person she pretened  to be. I thought my loans were in deferment, only to find out she had been throwing away all my late notices and ignoring the calls... then she made a payment once out of her bank account (I'm assuming she read a letter and paniced?) and then continued throwing away MY MAIL. 

The only reason I discovered I was not in deferment was because I picked up the phone one day when they called.... someone just shoot me. lol. 

Has anyone had luck with AES? I haven't had any so far. Is there any way I can send them a GW letter without sounding irresponsible? I was 19 years old when I graduated college, I didn't know much about student loans, I trusted my mom, I thought she was helping me. Now I just look like a little kid who didn't care about their loans and left it up to their mom and those awful 60, 90, 120 lates are on my credit for another 5 years! 

**bleep**. Move out. Have mail sent to your new address.

Seriously though, sign up for the online account and check it each month. All you can do is bring your accounts current and try to GW AES.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.