cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old Closed Account Which Has Already Been Moved to New Lender Showing 120+ days past due

tag

Old Closed Account Which Has Already Been Moved to New Lender Showing 120+ days past due

I had student loans which were originated 15 years ago. I consolidated in 2004, and my loans were with The Student Loan Corporation. I was delinquent for the first time in November 2007. I lost my job in 2008 and was in a severe car accident and don't get my paperwork to them in time so it was sent to collections in November 2008. New York State Higher Education was who it was transferred to. I didn't begin to rehabilitate them until 2011. In the middle of the rehab I filed bankruptcy and it was transferred to ECMC. As soon as the bankruptcy was discharged I began making payments and successfully rehabilitated the loan and it was transferred to another lender. I applied for income based repayment and was approved.

The problem is, both Student Loan Corporation and NYSHE are showing on my credit report as 120+ days past due. So when I apply for credit I show with delinquent accounts. I have no accounts with delinquencies. I am working diligently to rebuild my credit since the only reason all this happened was life tragedy. I already disputed it, and thought it was fixed until I pulled my FICO scorewatch today and they are showing as 120+ days past due. I also am subscribed to Equifax, and it doesn't show that way when I look at their report. They are showing with zero balances on both reports. I sent myfico an email today. Anyone have any suggestions?

Starting Score: 522(2/24/13)
Current Score: 675(4/3/13)
Goal Score: 750

Cap1 Platinum - $1000, Cap1 CashRew - $500, Orchard Bank - $300
Walmart-$500, Amazon-$800, Vic. Sec.-$250, Maurice's-$250, Kohls-$300
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.