Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On the road to rehab.....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

On the road to rehab.....

I just started the process on rehabbing my student loans from almost 10 years ago. My monthly payments are extremely low and very affordable, therefore I know it's something that I wouldn't default on. Once rehab is complete, we'll be looking to buy a house.

Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated! 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Re: On the road to rehab.....

Is there anything else on your reports worth noting? Like any negatives, or credit cards, etc?

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: On the road to rehab.....

The only baddies on my report are a couple small medical bills that dont exceed $1000 total. They'll be paid in full prior to completing rehab. My utilization on my credit cards are about 35%, which we're paying down to under 5% soon. 

I was more so looking for advice about the rehab. I know not to default. But what about making pymts early to complete the process earlier? (Pymts are due on the 4th) When should I dispute default and other negative info regarding the loan? Thnx

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.