cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One SL listed as "installment" and the other not??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

One SL listed as "installment" and the other not??

Hopefully someone out there who is more well versed on CRs can answer this one. I have two open student loan accounts. One is a private loan through Sallie Mae and, according to my latest CR from TU, it's listed as an "installment" account. My other loan (consolidation) through the Dept. of Education isn't even on the report. Do federal loans get treated differently? Why would they be missing from my report? I swear I remember seeing them on other CRs from Experian and Equifax. Thanks for your input!!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
SCF
Valued Contributor

Re: One SL listed as "installment" and the other not??

All of your student loans should appear on all of your reports.  That said, Direct Loans has been having some issues for many folks lately, and it could be that either 1) they aren't reporting to TU for some reason or 2) it's just taking it a while to update.

When did you open the consolidation loan?  If it's recent, give it another month or two to report, and after that you'd want to contact Direct Loans to verify that they are reporting everything correctly.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: One SL listed as "installment" and the other not??

I've been with Direct Loan for about two years now but I got transferred to a new service called "Fed Loan" about 3 months ago so maybe they're just that slow to re-report my loans. Thanks!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.