Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid Collection and Paid claims filed with government

tag
NursePurse
Frequent Contributor

Paid Collection and Paid claims filed with government

Hi,

I am recently in the process of rebuilding my credit history and learning how credit scores work and all that "good stuff". I have recently been studying my credit reports, but still am uncertain about something.

Last year, my income tax was intercepted for $5,800 in student loans from Salie Mae. I'm ok with that, the loans are now paid. But they are showing on my credit report as (5) negative accounts..Shouldn't they show as non-negative, paid accounts? Again, bear with me as I am new to all of this credit report stuff.

Also, FedLoan has consoliated the rest of my student loans with Great Lakes Higher Education and I will begin to repay that loan next month (this loan was consolidated in May of 2013) This is also showing as a total count of (5) negative listings on my credit report.

Here's my main question:

I paid Sallie Mae in full in March 2013 - why is it showing 5 seperate negative items still?

My second main question - In May of 2013 I consolidated my Great Lakes Higher Education loans (I still don't even know who this is) with FedLoan, so again, why is it listed as (5) more negative items on my credit report?

Shouldn't all 10 listings at least be out of 'negative'?

Thanks for any help!

EQ FICO 694 TU FICO 689 EXP FICO 695(Started rebuilding in Nov 2013, student loan charge-off's dating from 2011, all marked as paid on CRB's) 14% Utl Chase United Mileage Plus $5G/Citi DoubleCash $4G/USAirways MC $5G/NFCU cashRewards $11,500/Navcheck $10G/Cap1 Quicksilver1 $2,500/Cap1 Quicksilver1 $2G/Gap $2500/Barclay Rewards MC $1G/Walmart $2,500/CareCredit joint $8400 LOFT/Express/VS all $2500 /J.Crew$7500/True Value $3G/True Value Discover$3G/Nordstrom $6G/Amazon $4G/ Amex Hilton HHonors $1G/Chase Amazon $500/Chase Freedom $2G/Paypal MC $4G/Amex Everyday $2G/Venture $5G/Amex Costco$2G
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
SCF
Valued Contributor

Re: Paid Collection and Paid claims filed with government

The loans will be flagged as negative because there is negative information in the account history - in your case the lates leading up to the default and any notation on the account related to the default.  This information remains on your reports for 7 years from the DOFD (date of first delinquincy), which is when the account got behind and never caught up.

Message 2 of 3
NursePurse
Frequent Contributor

Re: Paid Collection and Paid claims filed with government

Thank you for explaining that in English for me!

EQ FICO 694 TU FICO 689 EXP FICO 695(Started rebuilding in Nov 2013, student loan charge-off's dating from 2011, all marked as paid on CRB's) 14% Utl Chase United Mileage Plus $5G/Citi DoubleCash $4G/USAirways MC $5G/NFCU cashRewards $11,500/Navcheck $10G/Cap1 Quicksilver1 $2,500/Cap1 Quicksilver1 $2G/Gap $2500/Barclay Rewards MC $1G/Walmart $2,500/CareCredit joint $8400 LOFT/Express/VS all $2500 /J.Crew$7500/True Value $3G/True Value Discover$3G/Nordstrom $6G/Amazon $4G/ Amex Hilton HHonors $1G/Chase Amazon $500/Chase Freedom $2G/Paypal MC $4G/Amex Everyday $2G/Venture $5G/Amex Costco$2G
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.