cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid off student loans entirely 8 months ago. Two new student loans just appeared.

tag
igids1
Regular Contributor

Paid off student loans entirely 8 months ago. Two new student loans just appeared.

Paid in full my student loans back in January. Just recently subscribed to the USAA cms, and I see that two new student loans showed up in June. These are new account numbers, showing past due balances under 10 dollars, 120 days past due, with KD being reported for June only. These are showing as US Dept of Education. I called and was told, the amount is actually 25 dollars, but I cannot pay them anything because I've already paid in full!?! 

They claim this is an error on their behalf and they will delete this. I'm wondering if this has happened to anybody, and if it will really be deleted, or if I should contact the student loan ombudsman.

Also, I originally took out two student loans, however, I have a few different US dept of education TL.s, Sallie mae, Federal Loan servicing, ACS,WLLMSBR SVBK, So I am showing 7 different negative TL.s for two student loans. Can I dispute some of these as duplicate?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Paid off student loans entirely 8 months ago. Two new student loans just appeared.

This also happened to me.

The DoE is in absolute disarray right now. How this can happen with a govermental agency is mind-blowing.

Message 2 of 3
igids1
Regular Contributor

Re: Paid off student loans entirely 8 months ago. Two new student loans just appeared.

Were you able to solve it? Did they delete the entries from your report? Or are you still in the midst of fixing it? It's very frustrating, and there seems to be a lot of confusion on their part.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.