Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paralegal Certificate Financing

tag
JCAD42885
Established Member

Paralegal Certificate Financing

Hi!

My wife has decided to pursue an online paralegal certification course in an effort to beef up her B.A. Most of these programs are not "credit" or "degree-granting," so I don't believe she will qualify for federal aid. We can't really afford to pay cash for a program, either.

Does anyone know of any good private or alternative loan options to consider (aside from Sallie Mae)? I don't want to use a credit card unless I have to.

Is a "personal line of credit" an option? Or is that no better than using a credit card?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
LynnInMN
Frequent Contributor

Re: Paralegal Certificate Financing

There are a a lot of programs out there that are certificate programs that do qualify for financial aid.  If she is going to spend the money and do the work, why not look for good certificate that comes from an accredited school.  I googled and found several.
Ex-Financial Aid Officer

Ex-Student Loan Collector
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Paralegal Certificate Financing

I agree. 

I graduated from an ABA accredited paralegal program that was offered at a local community college.  Our teachers had several horror stories about students looking to get into our program because their non-accredited school shut down.  Non of their credit tranferred and they had to start over.  Non of them were able to recover any of their money.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.