Established Contributor
colindidit

Paying Loan question

I know its probably a stupid or hard to answer question because it depends on where you took your loan out at, but how do i go about paying off my direct and subsidized loans? I don't want to wait til i'm out of school to do this and let a ton of interest accrue...so any information leading to going about just making a dent in my student loan would be great...im currently 30,000 in loan debt..

Wallet: Barclay-5k, Citadel MC- 5k, Slate- 4k, Freedom- 3k, BOA- 3k, Citi- 2k, AMEXBCE- 2k and more...
Regular Contributor
Travis-84

Re: Paying Loan question

I'm assuming you don't know who your lender is?

If so, go to https://www.nslds.ed.gov/

Click on financial aid review, and type in the info.  Once you log in, it will show you exactly what loans you have, and how much you owe.  You can click on the loan to get info on the current servicer.  From there, go on their website and create an account, or call them to get info.  Once you log in you can start making payments.

Established Contributor
colindidit

Re: Paying Loan question

Thank you !

Wallet: Barclay-5k, Citadel MC- 5k, Slate- 4k, Freedom- 3k, BOA- 3k, Citi- 2k, AMEXBCE- 2k and more...

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+