Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paying Loan question

tag
colindidit
Established Contributor

Paying Loan question

I know its probably a stupid or hard to answer question because it depends on where you took your loan out at, but how do i go about paying off my direct and subsidized loans? I don't want to wait til i'm out of school to do this and let a ton of interest accrue...so any information leading to going about just making a dent in my student loan would be great...im currently 30,000 in loan debt..

Wallet: Barclay-5k, Citadel MC- 5k, Slate- 4k, Freedom- 3k, BOA- 3k, Citi- 2k, AMEXBCE- 2k and more...
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Travis-84
Regular Contributor

Re: Paying Loan question

I'm assuming you don't know who your lender is?

If so, go to https://www.nslds.ed.gov/

Click on financial aid review, and type in the info.  Once you log in, it will show you exactly what loans you have, and how much you owe.  You can click on the loan to get info on the current servicer.  From there, go on their website and create an account, or call them to get info.  Once you log in you can start making payments.

Message 2 of 3
colindidit
Established Contributor

Re: Paying Loan question

Thank you !

Wallet: Barclay-5k, Citadel MC- 5k, Slate- 4k, Freedom- 3k, BOA- 3k, Citi- 2k, AMEXBCE- 2k and more...
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.