Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pioneer Credit garnished my wages

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pioneer Credit garnished my wages

I am wondering if anyone else has this issue...I  have had my  wages garnished since 8/13 by Pioneer Credit Recovery for default on a Federal student loan, I have just found out that they are no longer collecting student loans for the federal governmement, have in fact been fired by the government, I want to stop the garnishment and also find out if my payments have been going to the right place. I have no problem with paying my debts but I just am sick of paying to crooks.. Thanks in advance for any imput or advice..

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
SCF
Valued Contributor

Re: Pioneer Credit garnished my wages

A good place to start would be the National Student Loan Data System.  That site will list all of your loans and who currently holds them.  Although the DoE did terminate some collection contracts recently, it might take a while for all of the accounts to be moved.  If you're concerned, you should certainly contact Pioneer and ask them for a breakdown of how the payments have been applied.  If they don't respond or your have concerns, you can contact the Student Loan Ombudsman for help.  I'm sure they'll be interested and verifying that everything is correct.

You should also do some reading about loan rehabilitation.  If you rehab your loans, it can improve your credit, stop the garnishment, and once the loans are out of default, you have access to deferement, forbearance and income-driven payment plans again, which is a big plus for managing yor loans.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.