Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pleasantly Surprised with Sallie Mae

tag
Busaner
Established Member

Pleasantly Surprised with Sallie Mae

There has been a lot of negative things about Sallie Mae on here, so I thought I would try to give them some credit where it's due. 

3 weeks ago my federal student loans were transferred from the US Dept of ED to them. I was traveling abroad at the time and got an email just a day before my monthly payment was due. I was worried this transfer would halt my automatic bill-pay I had set up with the Dept of Ed and screw me with a late payment. 
Luckily, the loan transfer included my automatic payment details and my payment was made on time without me doing anything. I was Shocked!

Now I am having troubles logging into my account on their website. However, the CSR I spoke with was very professional, even though he couldn't immediately help me.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
bahbahd
Established Contributor

Re: Pleasantly Surprised with Sallie Mae

@Busaner wrote:

There has been a lot of negative things about Sallie Mae on here, so I thought I would try to give them some credit where it's due. 

3 weeks ago my federal student loans were transferred from the US Dept of ED to them. I was traveling abroad at the time and got an email just a day before my monthly payment was due. I was worried this transfer would halt my automatic bill-pay I had set up with the Dept of Ed and screw me with a late payment. 
Luckily, the loan transfer included my automatic payment details and my payment was made on time without me doing anything. I was Shocked!

Now I am having troubles logging into my account on their website. However, the CSR I spoke with was very professional, even though he couldn't immediately help me.

This is how it is all trasferrs are supposed to work for everyone. I'm glad it has all been smooth for you so far. I'm sure if you keep on top of every loan account status and watch every payment for it's proper posting to each loan, you'll have just good of time with Sallie Mae as you would any other servicing agent. Here to them not loosing payments or only updating part of your loans.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.