cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please advise...Dispute student loans by mail ?

tag
workingprogress
Regular Contributor

Please advise...Dispute student loans by mail ?

Hello, hope all is well... I'm trying to get some lates removed. I have disputed them online twice with no sucess. Both times the disputes was closed within just few days... I want to try again but thought I would do it by mail. Would mail be the best way to go when trying disputes ? Also guys if I do it by mail do I need to send my credit report with my dispute letter ? Would really apperciate if someone would advise me on what I need to do when disputing by mail. Also if there is any templates that would help please share them with me. I tried google but everything i pulled up was people talking about online disputes...Thanks!

Starting Fico scores 6/29/1013
Experian 584 / Equifax 639 / TransUnion 598
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Please advise...Dispute student loans by mail ?

@workingprogress wrote:

Hello, hope all is well... I'm trying to get some lates removed. I have disputed them online twice with no sucess. Both times the disputes was closed within just few days... I want to try again but thought I would do it by mail. Would mail be the best way to go when trying disputes ? Also guys if I do it by mail do I need to send my credit report with my dispute letter ? Would really apperciate if someone would advise me on what I need to do when disputing by mail. Also if there is any templates that would help please share them with me. I tried google but everything i pulled up was people talking about online disputes...Thanks!

I would say dispute it with the loan servicer at this point

Message 2 of 4
workingprogress
Regular Contributor

thanks for the reply... are they any certain step i should follow ? I have never disputed anything through the mail. I think I understand that certified mail is the best way to send it. One other question whats the benefits of doing it through the mail instead of online ?

Starting Fico scores 6/29/1013
Experian 584 / Equifax 639 / TransUnion 598
Message 3 of 4
6speed8
Regular Contributor

Over the last few years, I dealt with tax refund fraud on a state and federal level as well as student loan issues. Not like my method is gospel but I recommend certified mail with return receipt for everything. Make duplicates of every letter/form you mail. Send them certified. When you get the return receipt (the green card at the post office lol), staple that and the green and white receipt they give you when you initially send them, to your duplicates. At least on paper and certified, you know someone got them and they didn't wind up in a black hole on the internet or "we had server issues so it may have been lost" lol. I also kept a three subject notebook to document every phone call to the IRS, State and NelNet. I made notes of number called, date,time, person spoken to and conversation topic. Just like your lawyer tells you about documenting calls from creditors once you file bankruptcy. You can NEVER have enough documentation lol. Again, not gospel but doing all this saved me a couple of times.

CH 7 Discharged 6/10/15
T/U - 643
EQ - 588
Ex - 647 as of 6/14/15
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.