Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post rehab question

tag
scarrollprint
Frequent Contributor

Post rehab question

I rehabbed my SL last year. They came out of rehab technically last october however REALLY didn't come out till Feb of this year due to a "glitch" they seemed to have every month.

Anyways all the bad tradelines were removed (1 loan but it had 4 lines - one for each year of school) from all 3 of my reports.

I was honky dory till now - I  checked my Experian report last month and BAM one of them is back and in its full glory! showing all the lates and status was "collections". I filed a dispute with the comment taht these were federally rehabbed loans and that per the agreement of rehabbing all negative tradelines were to be removed. I just got a notice saying the dispute has been investigated and that the tradeline has been updated.

Its still there with all the same info, but now there was a note saying "dispute filed with the government". Not sure what that is supposed to mean.

My CURRENT loans are all in good standing and on my postives it shows 3 of them (again technically 4 loans for each year) as all info deleted and "paid in full") except for this ONE part. How do I get this removed. The rehabbed loans now are all up to date, no lates and are also showing correctly.

Not sure how to handle this. Tried calling Direct Loans today, but I guess they only answer calls M-F.

Current: Eq- 624 Ex - 631 (lender pulled) TU - 661 (lender pulled)
Goal 700+ across all three
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Poorboi
Contributor

Re: Post rehab question

I'm about to go through rehab, once someone picked up your loan did your payments decrease?   I now owe $8700 for $3900 loan in 1999. The CA told me approx $180 for 9 months? Is this rite? Thanks for any info

Message 2 of 15
scarrollprint
Frequent Contributor

Well my rehab, the monthly payment was the same. After rehab it went down.

For two reasons- 1 I consolidated two federal loans into 1 and the interest rate was now lower. My one loan was a fixed 5% which 6 years ago was Amazing. Now not so much I got my rate fixed at 3% which is saving quite a bit. I'm making the same payments as I was before so that I can pay it off long before the 20 year mark (thus taking actual advantage if the 2% lower rate)

Message 3 of 15
Poorboi
Contributor

What are the chances of a lender not picking up my loan after rehab? And why do the collection agent charge %18 of the default for their pockets

Message 4 of 15
scarrollprint
Frequent Contributor

I think your questions would be better suited in its own post.

I don't know all the answers and obviously not many people are responding to my own questiosn so pop up your own post in the SL forum and I'm sure someone who knows the answers will be able to help you.

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Scarrollprint! I was happy to see you'd been back on the forums this am. Did you happen to get in touch with the Direct Loans folks since your first post? You'd mentioned calling in...just curious if you'd gotten an update?

Kinda had my fingers crossed it was a computer error of some sort....

Message 6 of 15
scarrollprint
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Scarrollprint! I was happy to see you'd been back on the forums this am. Did you happen to get in touch with the Direct Loans folks since your first post? You'd mentioned calling in...just curious if you'd gotten an update?

I didn't get the chance to call yesterday (what was supposed to be a short work day ended up being a full 13 hour work day).

Now that I have a min. I'll go call. Thanks for the reminder.

Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@scarrollprint wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I didn't get the chance to call yesterday (what was supposed to be a short work day ended up being a full 13 hour work day).

Now that I have a min. I'll go call. Thanks for the reminder.

I hear that. I'm in that club too Smiley Happy

Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Message 8 of 15
scarrollprint
Frequent Contributor

UPDATE:

Just got off the phone with Direct Loans.

Was KINDA comforting and not overly helpful - but I guess the person I talked to didn't have access to that info needed and couldn't tell me who to talk to or call.

Here is what I was told - they JUST recieved the dispute notification and are in the process of investigating. I said "I recieved a letter saying it was resolved and updated" and she said well it says here that we just recieved notification of the dispute of the tradeline last week.

She said that if its true that it was in my terms of rehabbing the loans (1 for each year) then it must have been an oversight and that once they do their part of the investigation of the dispute that it will be removed. She said if I had 3 of them removed from this report then the 4th should have been removed too.

She asked who sent me the letter - I replied with and she basically just said "huh, they didn't send us any notifcication until last week"

I'm hoping it was just a glitch, but I guess we'll see in a month or so.

Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I feel like that should be the advertising tagline for DOE:  "kinda comforting and not overly helpful". Smiley Tongue

It sounds more and more like an error in the reporting. I have 4 DL's myself, and one Perkins. This month will be my final rehab payment and they've already said, in not so many words "you should anticipate a delay before this gets picked up again".

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.