Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Private Student Loan without a Co-Signer

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Private Student Loan without a Co-Signer

Hi All,

I am looking for some advice..Does anyone know of a lender that will approve a private student loan without a co-signer?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Private Student Loan without a Co-Signer

Usually a co-signer is needed because that co-signer has better or more assets than the person looking for the loan.

Do you own a house?  Or have other significant assets?  If not, then sadly it is unlikely for to get approval.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

There are two ways one can get the student loans without cosigner, Federal and Private. Federal Lenders give finance without having a cosigner but the amount that you get is actually very limited and is only sufficient to start the study in a good way but does not sufficient for complete study. It means soon or later one must go for the private lenders to get the Private student loans without cosigner. Private student loans without cosigner can be available in your city or state. You have not mention from which state or city you belong. By the way in U.S nearly all the states have good number of Private student loans without cosigner. Thing that you must concern before going to private lenders is your credit history should be strong. If you have a strong credit history then just go and get the loan.

Buddy, If you don't have the good credits then going to these private lenders is just a waste of time and then you need to concern on the bad credit student loans witout cosigner

Best of Luck Smiley Happy

lovelybird, your post has been edited to remove commercial links. Commercial spam isn't permitted on these forums. - llecs, myFICO moderator.

Message Edited by llecs on 08-18-2009 08:22 AM
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, you can get Private student loans no cosigner. but to get this you must have good credit history.  You can apply it online. it has high interest rate then any other loans. Search the lendes who are providing this and then apply for this. 

lucy10, your post has been edited to remove commercial links. Commercial spam isn't permitted on these forums. - llecs, myFICO moderator.

Message Edited by llecs on 08-18-2009 08:23 AM
Message 4 of 5
Peach8321
Frequent Contributor

Hi,

I got a private loan through my school without a co-signer.  It was a private university in Ohio and the loan was around $15,000.  Although the interest rate was 8% (quite high in my opinion, considering my other loans were 5% and 3.5%!!) so keep that in mind.

If at all possible, I suggest NOT taking out more loans than you absolutely need.  Work part time, find grants, etc but loans are horrible to have. 

Current Scores: EQ: 740 (2/7/13)

Starting Score: 799
Current Score: 762
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.