Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Private Student Loans Charged Off

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Private Student Loans Charged Off

Hello All,

I have 4 private student loans through Chase that were changed off in 9/2011 (totalling $17,000) and are being reported with a $0 balance on all of my CR. It shows that they will fall off the report in 2018. They were sold off to ACI and they attempted to collect once in 2012 but have stopped and they have not been on my CR from any one but Chase.

Chase says they are sold off so they are unwilling to work with me. I am leary to try and contact the collections agency as they are not reporting the debts and considering just waiting till the Chase lines are no longer reported? I have looked all over the forums and havent seen this topic specifically related to charge offs of private student loans. I have others with Citi but Ill start here asking for help.

Thank you all!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
SCF
Valued Contributor

Re: Private Student Loans Charged Off

In a situation like this, private student loans work the same as other similar debt.  They are subject to the same reporting rules, and the relevant statute of limitations.  You may want to research when these debts will be out of SoL before you take any further actions.  You can also look through the Rebuilding Your Credit forums, anyone posting with unsecured installment loans may have some ideas or perspective that would be helpful.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.