Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Private Student loan forgiveness

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Private Student loan forgiveness

A company keeps trying to get me to sign up for their loan forgiveness and credit repair program. Promising to remove charge off accounts and forgive student loan debt if I pay them 720 a month over 30 months. Are these scenarios legit?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
bartoe
New Contributor

Re: Private Student loan forgiveness

@Anonymous wrote:
A company keeps trying to get me to sign up for their loan forgiveness and credit repair program. Promising to remove charge off accounts and forgive student loan debt if I pay them 720 a month over 30 months. Are these scenarios legit?

No!  Anyone and do a credit repair themselves, these boards are excellent in handling that.  All student loan debt is NOT forgiveable unless you sign up for specfic FEDERAL programs (unsure what type of SL you have).

Message 2 of 3
righthererightnow
Frequent Contributor

Re: Private Student loan forgiveness

I second what's been said, sounds like a scam. Also, private loans are the TOUGHEST to get modified. National loans will work with you more, but private loans can be as tough as the institution wants to be. The best thing you can do is just start hammering away at as much goodwill as you can on it yourself.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.