Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about writing a GW to Sallie Mae

tag
ficofreaks
Valued Member

Question about writing a GW to Sallie Mae

There are six accounts that were all opened back on 2/06.  Long story shor when we went to refinance them to Goal Financial we were paying Goal Financial when we should have been paying Sallie Mae, thus the 90 day late which was back on 1/06.  My question is, when I write the GW letters, should I include all six accounts on one letter or do a seperate letter for each one?  Also, does anyone have a GW letter that has worked for them with Sallie Mae?  Any help is appreciated!

Starting Score: TU 534 EQ 582 EX 582
Current Score: TU 534 EQ 582 EX 582
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
ficofreaks
Valued Member

Re: Question about writing a GW to Sallie Mae

Anyone?

Message 2 of 6
nyqutie
New Contributor

I have just started my goodwill writing with Sallie Mae, but I think it is best to write from the heart you don't want a form letter.  

I recently was able to secure over 100 email addresses of executives of Sallie Mae, and I sent my first email out this morning to the CEO of Sallie Mae the email address appears to be good hasn't bounced back so now just awaiting his reply.

FYI there are tons of form GW letters here and online that you can secure and use as a template.

Good Luck!

Starting Score: TU 450 EQ 491 (06 2010) Current Score: TU 746 EQ 747 EX 629 (Public Record "not" Mine can't get this darn thing OFF) (06 2013) Goal Score: TU 800 EQ 800 EX 700
Message 3 of 6
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

To the OP...yes, be sure to put in all 6 acct #'s.

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 4 of 6
Tazman81
Established Contributor

I would write 1 letter to cover all of the loans that have lates on them.  Let them know where the confusion came with the payments.  Unfortunately, there has not been much success from others with GW of student loans.  Hopefully your case will be different.

Current Score: Eq: 823 Tu: 830
Goal Score: Eq: 850 Tu: 850

Wallet: PenFed Power Cash 50k | AMEX Blue Cash (AU) 49.5k | Cap One QSMC 26.5k | AMEX Platinum NPSL | USAA Signature Visa 25k
Message 5 of 6
ficofreaks
Valued Member

Thanks all!!  I sent the letters out today (with all the account numbers on the same letter and to two different address).  I will keep you updated although my hopes aren't high considering I know some of you have been dealing with this place for a while with no luck.  Hoping for the best though!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.