Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REHAB HELP!!!!

tag
jcstarkey8826
Established Contributor

REHAB HELP!!!!

I did a student loan rehab on my perkins loan last year, they brought it to my attention I had never heard of it, they said if I paid the balance in full in 9 consecutive on time payments, they would remove the TL from my CR like it never happened. After they told me this I was contacted by a collection agency about a stafford loan I had through keybank, I requested the same program to take care of it and they said I couldnt do it because the debt wasnt with the OC anymore. Later I came to find out this is not true and they should have accepted my request.

Ive read different variations people have done with rehab program. I was wondering what my options are and how do I get this taken care of to remove it from my report, or get it taken care of. When I pull my CR it says charge-off $0 balance, then another listing for the debt under the collections name saying written off $0 balance.

Last month I was contacted by a law office (debt collection agency) about the debt, I sent a dispute letter right away and have had no response to my DV. I would like to clear this up so that I dont run into future problems.

what actions would you suggest I take to better my results?

In my wallet: Discover it 6800 CL, Capital One Quicksilver Sig 5k CL, Chase Freedom 4k CL, GCU Patinum Visa 1500 CL
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: REHAB HELP!!!!

I'm attempting to get my husband's credit under control and he has 2 loans through Keybank as well.  We aren't able to do a rehab program with them because they aren't Federal Loans.  You can't do a rehab program on private loans, so now we're forced to do a 12 month repay plan to take care of the entire $4600 balance or they will most likely seek a judgement against him and garnish the wages.  I was pretty bummed out, I thought we could get this rehab'd like we did with another student loan but looks like we're stuck with this one on his credit for a while.  I'm going to reach out to them and see if we can get them to delete the trade line after we complete the payoff.

Message 2 of 3
jcstarkey8826
Established Contributor

Re: REHAB HELP!!!!

I was confused, because I only took out federal loans, it shows as keybank AES on my reports, but when I requested the rehabilitation they said no. I took out 2 stafford, 1 Plus, and a Perkins. All of which are federal, right???

In my wallet: Discover it 6800 CL, Capital One Quicksilver Sig 5k CL, Chase Freedom 4k CL, GCU Patinum Visa 1500 CL
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.