cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recent Payment History Deleted From All 3 Bureau's?

tag
kcos194
Regular Contributor

Recent Payment History Deleted From All 3 Bureau's?

Hi Everyone, 

I started making payments on my student loans in March of 2018. They were on forbearance in February, payments were made in March and April. I understand April's will not report yet, but when I checked my reports today all 3 bureaus do not show the March payment. I think this impacted my score, and I've filed disputes with all 3, but I was wondering if anyone else has seen this before? If so, what was the remedy? Did it report correctly the following month? The only thing that has changed is that the interest capitalized off the forbearance, so the balances increased slightly. No payments were missed. The loans are all with FedLoan if that helps. 

I can't tell if this is a big deal or not. 

Thanks

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Sneakytiki
Frequent Contributor

Re: Recent Payment History Deleted From All 3 Bureau's?

When my student loan accounts change status, from deferment to normal or whatever, or back to deferment there is sometimes a month or two lag with no data as the account updates. It will even say "closed" or there may be no data for a month or two. Usually it corrects itself and is back dated with mine. 

I have never noticed a score change or any adverse impact from loans changing status. Plus, it sometimes takes 30+ days to update the balance especially if you paid right after the statement closed. Pay right before the statement closes and it will update as they report that monthly balance to the CRA's. Do it right after and you have to wait a full cycle before it reports again. 

So, its probably one of those two things and all the dispute will do is make them send an additional update to the CRAs with the information they have. 

Starting Score-(01/2017): FICO ||EX:575--EQ:549--TU:588||
Current Score--(04/2018): FICO ||EX:686--EQ:697--TU:715||

Message 2 of 3
kcos194
Regular Contributor

Re: Recent Payment History Deleted From All 3 Bureau's?

Thanks, I was hoping it was something dumb like that. My FICO's seem to have not changed, but got the alerts from CK and my VS scores took like 30 point hits because of the balances it says. Not worried about the FAKO, just was curious if anyone else had experienced this. 

Thanks again

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.