wonder1

Rehab - 9 months or 9 Payments?

Hi all,

I would like to clean up my credit as soon as possible. I am in rehibilitation with my Direct Loan. I'm curious if I can make rehibilitation payments early? Does it have to be one payment a month? Or, can I make payments anytime and get out of rehabilitation early once 9 payments are made? Has anyone finished rehab early? I'm on my fourth payment.

I can call them and ask, but you know how it is when you're curious about someting and you don't want to wait until business hours to learn more. Thanks!

Established Member
anackerman

Re: Rehab - 9 months or 9 Payments?

I just started the process of rehab on one of my loans yesterday and it was explained to me that I need to make 9 sheduled payments for 9 months. She explained that multiple payments each month will not affect the legnth of my rehab. 

Like I said, I'm new to this process, but that is the info I got yesterday while setting up my rehab.

Starting Score: EQ 511 (1/20/13)
Current Score: EQ 633
Goal Score: 680
wonder1

Thanks for the information. I guess I'll just have to wait.

Frequent Contributor
kjel

It's nine months of payments. I got a little lucky because I had just started sending in small payments as a goodwill gesture three months before the rehab program was offered so they credited them. I am almost at the end of 9 months and impatiently waiting for the next stage of getting my loans picked up.

Starting Score: TU: 549 | EQ: 549 | EX FAKO: 541
Current Score: TU: 572 | EQ: 665 | EX: 624 | Credit Karma: 599 | Quizzle: 663 | Credit Sesame: 657
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+