Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rehab - 9 months or 9 Payments?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Rehab - 9 months or 9 Payments?

Hi all,

I would like to clean up my credit as soon as possible. I am in rehibilitation with my Direct Loan. I'm curious if I can make rehibilitation payments early? Does it have to be one payment a month? Or, can I make payments anytime and get out of rehabilitation early once 9 payments are made? Has anyone finished rehab early? I'm on my fourth payment.

I can call them and ask, but you know how it is when you're curious about someting and you don't want to wait until business hours to learn more. Thanks!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
anackerman
Established Member

Re: Rehab - 9 months or 9 Payments?

I just started the process of rehab on one of my loans yesterday and it was explained to me that I need to make 9 sheduled payments for 9 months. She explained that multiple payments each month will not affect the legnth of my rehab. 

Like I said, I'm new to this process, but that is the info I got yesterday while setting up my rehab.

Starting Score: EQ 511 (1/20/13)
Current Score: EQ 633
Goal Score: 680
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the information. I guess I'll just have to wait.

Message 3 of 4
kjel
Established Contributor

It's nine months of payments. I got a little lucky because I had just started sending in small payments as a goodwill gesture three months before the rehab program was offered so they credited them. I am almost at the end of 9 months and impatiently waiting for the next stage of getting my loans picked up.

Current Score: TU: 674 | EQ: 722 | EX: 717 | Last Inq. 2/16/15...Locked Up in The Garden
NFCU Cash Rewards $14K | Chase Sapphire Preferred $5K | Amex Blue Cash Preferred $6K | Cap1 Quicksilver One Visa $9K

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.