Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rehab/ CB question

tag
LynnInMN
Frequent Contributor

Re: Rehab/ CB question

brownee wrote:
The rehab tradeline? Should there be a separate tradeline with the CA's name on it?The only thing on my report is US Dept of Education and shows *Government Debt; Placed for collection; Defaulted; Closed 03/07..this is what's on my Resdential merged credit report I got from the lender. Can we request that it be updated asap?

No there is no such thing as a rehab tradeline and the CA does not report for student loans..

Nothing to be updated.

Ex-Financial Aid Officer

Ex-Student Loan Collector
Message 11 of 15
LynnInMN
Frequent Contributor

richmc wrote:
Before rehab I had
3 TL that were AES/CHASE ELT WAC LLCNST  showing all the lates and
Creditor's statement:  Student loan permanently assigned to
government. 

During rehab i still had those 3 plus one from NSL (this was the rehab TL

After rehab:
Still have those 3, The NSL was deleted and now have a new positive TL from Suntrust.

This NSL tradeline is not a rehab tradeline...there is no such thing.  That was simply your guarantor reporting the default as normal.  With the loan being rehabbed it was deleted. 
Ex-Financial Aid Officer

Message 12 of 15
brownee
Frequent Contributor

Ahh..ok, thanks Lynne. So a mortgage may not even be possible until May-ish? Wow, that's depressing. We were having a home built and needed to start in March to close in July (before schol starts), but if this isnt going to update until maybe May, then there is no way we could have the home built in time for school. Oh well, thanks. Smiley Sad

Message Edited by brownee on 08-15-2008 04:23 PM
7/7/09 TU: 630 EQ: 638 EX: ??
4/3/09 TU: 599 EQ: 606 EX: ??
Message 13 of 15
LynnInMN
Frequent Contributor

richmc wrote:
No the default on the AES TLs did not come off.  Only the TL from NSL which is basically the CA in this case. 

NSL is the guarantor of your loan...they paid the government default claim.   CA's  are hired by the guarantor.

The original TLs  do not come off. The original lender is under no obligation to remove. 

Not sure if I was told the truth or not but the guy handeling my rehab said If I wait 2 or 3 months after I am paying on the new TL (the Suntrust one) that I should go back and dispute the AES TLs.  He said since they have been paid, they normally do not verify  since they would be wasting time on something they have already been paid for by the government and the TLs would get deleted. He claimed that is what most people that go thru rehab do.

Yes AES does verify.  Federal law requires that they report accurately and that includes verifying.   

Again this is what he told me so I do not know if this is true.

I due have a valid  reason to dispute those three tradlines. They all show current status as +120 days past due when they should read current status as Paid,Closed/Collection account. 
Of course that really won't help my scores at all unless they do not verify and they delete.

Nope.    It is your final status at the close of the  account that is report.  That is the way all student loans have reported for years.

To be honest I am tired of dealing with the SL altogether.  If I hadn't gotten medically discharged from active duty it would never have been a problem.  Now thanks to Arrow Finacial, I may soon be in position to to either pay off completly or may take the total due, drop it in a seperate saving account(so I make some interest off it) and set the autopayments coming from it. That way I do not even have to think about it again until it is paid in full and will have the aged account to counter the negative ones.

Message Edited by richmc on 08-15-2008 01:26 PM

Ex-Financial Aid Officer

Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok thanks for setting me straight. That really sucks since they are what is pulling my scores down the most.
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.