cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rehab Completed/ACS refuses to remove default comments!

tag
gabbismommy01
Valued Member

Rehab Completed/ACS refuses to remove default comments!

Am I misinformed to believe that after rehab is completed comments stating "student loan assigned to government" are supposed to be removed? I have disputed this with ACS but they are not removing this remark on the account and instead just adding a comment that "customer disputes after investigation". Does anyone have any insight into what is exactly to be removed after rehab? I finished months ago and have been battling this. Thanks!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Goodness
Regular Contributor

Re: Rehab Completed/ACS refuses to remove default comments!

what are they saying why cant be removed. I complete my loan rehab dec 8th but going to pay nov 18th. some of my loans are with wellsfargo/acs. i am hoping that i dont get sold back to ACS they where hard to work with .I was always told that they couldnt help me.  Only got some help when they got defaulted, extra 30,000 added to loans. 

EQ 645 EX 651 TU 703 fico 8 (5/15)
MORTAGE SCORES EQ 665 EX 604 TU 688 (5/15)
Goal 700 by end of 2015
Message 2 of 8
gabbismommy01
Valued Member

They aren't giving me a reason. When I call ACS, they say they will fix it but when I disputed it, they did not remove it. Yes, they have been difficult to work with. I had wanted to work something out before they defaulted but they basically told me they couldn't he;p me until I defaulted.

Message 3 of 8
Goodness
Regular Contributor

I received the same treatment, I used to argue with them that I am trying to pay on student loans to keep from default, they wouldn't bulge. Now I got extra almost 30000 added to original loans due to default. Now in loan rehab, done on Dec 8th but paying on Nov 18th, than disputing to get reports updated. I just hope TG find a good servicer that I can work with
Goal 700 by end of 2015
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you aware that you can not pay rehab off early? My friend tried with the last payment and it did not work. They still made him wait the following month and made him pay another payment. Your loan servicer may be different, have you checked to see if you can make 2 payments in November?

@Goodness wrote:
I received the same treatment, I used to argue with them that I am trying to pay on student loans to keep from default, they wouldn't bulge. Now I got extra almost 30000 added to original loans due to default. Now in loan rehab, done on Dec 8th but paying on Nov 18th, than disputing to get reports updated. I just hope TG find a good servicer that I can work with

Message 5 of 8
Goodness
Regular Contributor

TG has my defaulthed loans i can make 18 days prior to actually due date. I called them and the rep said the earliest i can make my last paymen is Nov 18th. So i hoping someone pick up during that time, was told that usual its within that 30 days. I hoping that wellsfargo/acs update my loans I have 17 small loans, after this i am doing consolidation to make it easy.

Goal 700 by end of 2015
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good they are letting you pay early. I wish I could do that and I would be done next month. I have seen a lot of people say they were picked up by Sallie Mae or Great Lakes. I am hoping I don't get Sallie Mae they seem difficult when getting the lates removed. 

Message 7 of 8
skigirl916
Established Contributor

OP: I'm in the same boat. Not only do the negatives still show on the original loan (Sallie Mae), but the AES says turned over to government. I've disputed it several times since 2008 with no luck. I'm giving up and just waiting for them to fall off.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.