Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rehab effect on old lender TL's?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: UPDATE: Navient response.

Update as requested: After many more hours of back and forth, I was finally put in touch with the Navient Office of Customer Advocate where I had a dedicated human to speak with. Long story short, Navient holds to its strict reading of the CFR that they only remove default notations from the credit bureau reporting, but not the late pays leading up to the default. They are technically correct in the interpretation of the law, even though I argued that the spirit of the regulations were to get student loan debtors out from under the negative impact of the reporting. Unless there is a change in the law, it is what it is.

However, I was able to get Navient to clean up all the inconsistent Sallie Mae reporting and remove all references to government assignment. 

I subsequently consolidated the rehabbed loans with Great Lakes and have a perfect pay history since October 2015. 

Message 21 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.