Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rehab loans deleted early from 2 CRAs?

tag
Yuruke
Established Member

Rehab loans deleted early from 2 CRAs?

Not sure if any of you guys with loan rehab experience have experienced this or not? I have a student loan from 08 in rehab (that is due to be done with payments around June) with gc services/us dept of ed and suddenly at the beginning of this month they were deleted from Transunion and Equifax? They still appear like normal on Experian though! Is it normal for this to happen or just a fluke? Should I dispute the Experian ones since they were already deleted from EQ/TU? 

Thanks for any advice that can be given!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Rehab loans deleted early from 2 CRAs?

The first fact to determine is whether the CRA has excluded them, or whether the creditor reported a deletion to the CRA.

If the lendor reported deletion, they can choose to delete with only one or two CRAs, and not all.

Thus, deletion with one CRA is not per se basis for a dispute of accuracy with other CRAs.

Message 2 of 3
Yuruke
Established Member

Re: Rehab loans deleted early from 2 CRAs?

@RobertEGwrote:

The first fact to determine is whether the CRA has excluded them, or whether the creditor reported a deletion to the CRA.

If the lendor reported deletion, they can choose to delete with only one or two CRAs, and not all.

Thus, deletion with one CRA is not per se basis for a dispute of accuracy with other CRAs.

Hi RobertEG, thanks for the great reply! Is there any way for me to determine if the CRA excluded or if the creditor deleted them? Or am I basically going to have to call my loan servicer to figure out what's going on? 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.