Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rehab or pay off?

tag
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Re: Rehab or pay off?

My patience is wearing thin , im on a very tight time limit , I have planned and repaired our credit all year , revolving around this 9.mth period , we have waiting and paid so many collections and built positive Tradelines when there was none to begin with , all so we could get a decent car loan next mth , I know how long it could take to get my disputes done and credit report updated so hopefully I can start on that soon so we can finally get that car we have so badly needed all year .
Message 11 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Man I know how frustrating this stuff can be. Trust me I know. I've been dealing with the va for years and though it's a different animal it's a similar situation. After denial after denial and filing appeals and notices of disagreements I finally wake up the morning after my birthday to a $60,000 deposit in my bank account and a package in the mail saying hey you're 70% disabled and you have free health care for the rest of your life. Sure I felt like quitting and the process was hard and it was a lot of work but I kept on going and didn't quit the fight. It's the same with this. You can do it it may not be as fast as you want it to go but it will happen. I don't have a car. I haven't had one in 4 years. I know what it is like to be in need of one. If you need to vent post a message and hey we will go back and forth and I'll do the same. Correcting bad credit sucks. It's so punitive it's a mistake that keeps punishing you for a long time and it constantly reminds you of your mistakes. Feel free to pm me anytime.
Message 12 of 23
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Hey congrats on your disability case and winning it, I know what kind of monster that can be , not with VA but regular disability , I done every single bit of my Mom's appeals and filing and everything back in 2011 it took us two years to finally win her case. It was a long hard rpad for my Mom, she won her case in May of 2013 she was 50 year old at the time. And she only lived to see one check deposited. She passed away that June of 2013 , just so unfair how long they make disabled ppl wait . While she was waiting for health insurance her health was getting worse and worse .
Message 13 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm so sorry to hear that and I agree it is a shame what people have to go through for disability. And thank you. I'm sure she was grateful that she had you there to help her along the way. I lost my mother a few years ago myself I know how much that sucks too.
Message 14 of 23
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Sorry to hear that you loss your Mom also , it really does suck 😢
Message 15 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Keep your heads up guys, it could take up to 90 days to finalize your rehab.  Don't get down, this one-time "get out of default jail" is an excellent program, but it takes time.  PM me if you need some advice.

Message 16 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, I am just starting the rehab process. I will be paying the loan off after the loan gets picked up after the process is done. I will definitely ask for advice if I need any.

Message 17 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update----- I signed my rehab agreement and faxed it back and I also made my second payment today. 2 down 7 more to go.
Message 18 of 23
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Keep up the good work !
Message 19 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks man, long road ahead but at least now I'm on the road instead burying my head in the sand and never getting in the car!
Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.