Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rehab

tag
aspen12777
Established Member

Rehab

So I thought I would start a post to track my student loan getting out of default.

Started rehab with ECMC back in Feburary/March, made my 9th on time payment on 11/06/13. 

I have 6 negitave tradeline and my credit score is about 615 accross the board between the FICOs and FACOs I am signed up for. I have other baddies on my report but they are all over 5 years old. I am hoping the fixing the student loan will really get things moving in the correct directions.

I have been able to get credit just not great cards and higher limits.

Waiting for my letter from ECMC and the new lendor. I was told it could take upto 90 days for the ECMC tradeline to come off my report.  We will see.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
aspen12777
Established Member

Re: Rehab

So my Quizzle score jumped to 666. The collections from ECMC have been taken off. No new tradelines from the current lender.

I called ECMC last week and the said they still owned it and to call back after the first of the year.

Its still showing on Transunion and I am not sure about EQ.

Making progress. Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 5
scvbd99
Frequent Contributor

I made my last rehab payment on 10/15/13 to ECMC. 

17 separate tradelines.

Sallie Mae picked them up at the beginning of December...so 17 new tradelines with them.

It took until today for ECMC to delete all of their old tradelines, but now they're gone.  FAKO up in the 660s now, so I'm pretty happy.  

I still have 3 tradlines with ACS, who serviced all of the the above loans from 2001-2009 when I went into default, and I sent good will letters/emails asking for them to please consider deleting some 60/90/120 late paymets.  We'll see what happens.  

800+ for all 3 CRAs.

Student loan forgiveness/discharge FINALLY complete.
Message 3 of 5
blitz
Valued Member

Sallie Mae just picked up my federal loans that were rehab'd through ECMC too! My ECMC payments were due by the 22nd, got my letters on 12/13, telling me my next payment was due 1/22! So I got a free month basically. Loan payments went down about $5 too, so that's cool.

Haven't checked my tradelines yet though.

Starting Score: AVG 529 (5/2013)
Current Score: 626 (03/2014) - Barclaycard FICO
Goal Score: 650

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 5
scvbd99
Frequent Contributor

Sounds like you're in the same boat I was in blitz, like exactly.  

My timeline was as follows:

1) Made 9th rehab payment to ECMC on all 17 loans on Oct 15, 2013

2) Sallie Mae picked up the loans on Nov 23, 2013, creating 17 brand NEW tradelines.  

3) ECMC deleted all 17 of their tradelines form the 3 CRA's on Dec 20, 2013.  

As you can see, it took alomst a month for ECMC to delete their tradelines that show all of the nasty collection stuff.   ALSO, I emailed ECMC two times reminding them that the negative credit information they were reporting had not yet been deleted.  They never responded to either, but the key point is that they did delete the negative tradelines.  I have no idea if they would have done it if I hadn't sent the emails.  

As far as I can tell, ECMC is an excellent place to do rehab with.  They really do delete all negative info about the accounts they "inherit"/purchase once you have completed rehab and the loans have been funded by a new entity.  

I have 3 other loans that were originally with ACS, and they are porving more difficult to convince to adjust/delete old tradelines.  I have sent good will requests to a few ACS/Xerox supervisors, and hope to hear from them soon.  

800+ for all 3 CRAs.

Student loan forgiveness/discharge FINALLY complete.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.