Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rehabbed Student Loan / Goodwill Advice

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Rehabbed Student Loan / Goodwill Advice

I had opened two student loans back in 2005 and 2006.  Both loans were from US Bank and were later transferred to Student Loan Finance Corp.  Then the loans were again transferred to USA Funds.  Since then i have completed the rehabilitation progam through Allied Interstate in August 2012.  Allied Interstate told me that all the negatives would be deleted from my report, but from reading forums, this isn't always the case.  Now i'm in the process of consolidating my loans through Direct Loans.  

My question/s is that if the negatives are not removed and i want to try my luck with a goodwill letter, who do i need to send the letter to? 

Do I send it to US Bank? (Also, assuming they do get approved, will they notify SLFC & USA Funds to remove the negatives?)

Do I send to all three?  Or who do i need to get in contact with first for them to notify each other to remove?

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.  

Thanks in advance.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Rehabbed Student Loan / Goodwill Advice

Welcome!

You'd send a GW letter to whomever is reporting the lates. So, if US Bank is reporting the lates, the GW would go to them.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.