cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove student loans account that were sold.

tag
tengtengvn
Frequent Contributor

Remove student loans account that were sold.

Wellsfargo sold my student loan to Dept of Edu and then Dept of Edu sold the account to themself. Now I have 3 accounts on my credit report for 1 student loan.

Is this possible to call and ask them to remove the accounts? These 2 accounts are not helping my AAoA since the Opened Day is 01/2009.

What's in your wallet?
-Not Capital One.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Remove student loans account that were sold.

I just posted pretty much the same questions.  I have the same situation.  I would like all but my current loans to be removed.  If you get an answer to this would you kindly PM to let me know.  I will do the same for you if I get an answer.

Message 2 of 5
hodap2001
Established Member

No, they cannot be removed as they're are brand new tradelines - this also happens when mortgages are sold from one servicer to another. The sale of student loans happen all the time and you gave the lender/servicer the authority to sell your loans at any time when you signed the Master Promissory Note. Please review your Master Promissory Note as it clearly states this.

I wouldn't worry too much, your credit score will increase over time when you make satisfactory repayment on your student loan.

Message 3 of 5
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

@hodap2001 wrote:

No, they cannot be removed as they're are brand new tradelines - this also happens when mortgages are sold from one servicer to another. The sale of student loans happen all the time and you gave the lender/servicer the authority to sell your loans at any time when you signed the Master Promissory Note. Please review your Master Promissory Note as it clearly states this.

I wouldn't worry too much, your credit score will increase over time when you make satisfactory repayment on your student loan.

It is near impossible to get any school loan info removed for any reason, until it's been paid & closed for 10 years, then it simply drops from age.  I still have all my sold accts posting from back in 98.  As long asyou keep them in good standing, you're ok.

I am double checking this info...but I believe that AAoA is only credit accts.  Total credit history length will include school loans.

ETA:  I was corrected...all loans (school, mortgage, personal) and all credit accounts factor into AAoA.  Let those school loans be as they are...in a few more years all those will help you!

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm dreading the day my student loans age off of my reports.  They're my oldest by a landslide and greatly help my AAofA.

So, tengteng, even though you're feeling the pain right now, years down the road they'll be helping your AAofA.

Mo's right, student loans count in your AAofA.  (AAofA includes all accounts except collections if I'm remembering correctly).

I don't know if it helps, but I look at student loans as an investment in the future. 

A little drop in AAofA is not so much to worry about - funding your education is top priority. 

Don't sweat it - you're doing the right thing by taking care of the vital stuff - your education.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.