Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reporting wrong!!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Reporting wrong!!!!!

Ok, my student loans are with ACS. They have reported that I was late like 6 times (which at the time I was not making payments I had an forbearence) but it does say I am paying as agreed! What should I do? Do any one else have them for their Student loan? Is this normal to have to go through this with this company or any other company for that matter? Thanx in advance for any help, info or comments!
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Reporting wrong!!!!!

ACS services one of my student loans. From my experience, they are the most incompetent company. I never even knew they had one of my loans until I pulled my credit reports because they changed my address to a state I didn't even live in. They mixed me up with another customer who had the same name as me. By that point, I was 120 days late and it took 2 months for them to straighten everything out. There CS reps are useless and lie. If you need the email addresses for their execs, PM me. It was the only thing that helped. Good luck!
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
ACS services one of my student loans. From my experience, they are the most incompetent company. I never even knew they had one of my loans until I pulled my credit reports because they changed my address to a state I didn't even live in. They mixed me up with another customer who had the same name as me. By that point, I was 120 days late and it took 2 months for them to straighten everything out. There CS reps are useless and lie. If you need the email addresses for their execs, PM me. It was the only thing that helped. Good luck!

*resentful, unladylike snort*

ACS is horrible ... you're being far too kind!!

They took over servicing our loan several years ago and it's been a nightmare ever since. They show our "loan amount" as merely $4K, but say that we owe them (with capitalized interest) $52K and have refused several demands for a copy of the promissory note we signed.

The last time we asked for a copy of the PN, the CSR did some typing and then went completely silent for several minutes. When I asked what was wrong, she said they didn't HAVE the PN!! Of course, then she caught herself and told me that she "could get it."

It's been a year since our last request for a copy of the PN and I can't find any law or statute or regulation that says they HAVE to provide this or what we can do if they can't give it to us. We've asked them about 5 times over the last four years!!

Long story short ... I just MPed you asking for the e-mail addies you offered the OP. We have some late pays that we'd like forgiven via GW and are hoping to have some sort of contact with them ... perhaps they might GW us if we remind them how many times they've not given us the PN!

Thank you so much for your time -- and please forgive me for my rant!!

Best regards!!
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

cybele wrote:

Thanx I thought it was just me but I see I am ok and its them! Not to mention they tell you that they are sending stuff and you never recieve it! I have asked for a payment coupon book on a couple of occassions and I still have not recieved it yet! Check your pm!
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Believe me, I could go on and on about how much I hate ACS. I was told 3 separate times by their reps in India that the lates would be removed. When I finally got smart and asked for it in writing, I was told that the credit department makes the decision and they cannot do it for me. And guess what, the credit department does not take phone calls. They also don't respond to letters sent CMRR as well, because that was the department I wrote to in the first place. I hope emailing works out for the both of you, check your messages.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well just a brief update: 

I call friday morning and talk to a CSR, After her pissing me off I ask for a manager which in return she gets on the phone and start to do the same as the CSR! After breaking the entire situation down to her like a 2 year old she has sent me her personal email, fax, and phone number! She want me to fax her a copy of my CR so she can see what she can get deleted! I will speak to her first thing monday morning and see what she says! Please keep your fingures crossed for me!
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.