Established Contributor
Simply827

Re: SALLIE MAE GOODWILL

zero32 wrote:

I wrote a certified letter to Sallie Mae and a very nice woman promptly returned my letter with a phone call. They told me that they will never remove a late payment from someones history and when I mentioned that I knew of someone else who HAD had it done, she told me there must be a mistake because it never happens. I've had 80 months of on time payments and one 30 day late payment two years ago that I was trying to remove. 

Lame. 

One 30 day late isn't going to hurt you that badly. By the time you fight and fight to get it off, it won't even be affecting your score anymore. Just let it go.

Starting Score: 515
Current Score: EQ 667 EX 670 TU 683
Goal Score: 700+

PSECU $10000 | Discover IT $9250 | DCU $5000 | Chase Freedom $4000 | Citi TYP $3500 | Barclay Ring $3500 | PayPal Extras MC $3000 | Cap 1 Platinum $1700 | Cap 1 QS One $1500 | Union Plus $1000 | Target $200
NachoHunter

Re: SALLIE MAE GOODWILL

Spoke to them on the phone and they said "They won't remove it unless there was some sort of an error, but it never hurts to try."

My arguement will be that I was never contacted regarding the loan, or the delinquincy of the loan for that matter, as I was living in another country.

Will take care of it next week and will try to get back to this post to update on progress. 

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+