Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SALLIE MAE GOODWILL

tag
Simply827
Established Contributor

Re: SALLIE MAE GOODWILL

@zero32 wrote:

I wrote a certified letter to Sallie Mae and a very nice woman promptly returned my letter with a phone call. They told me that they will never remove a late payment from someones history and when I mentioned that I knew of someone else who HAD had it done, she told me there must be a mistake because it never happens. I've had 80 months of on time payments and one 30 day late payment two years ago that I was trying to remove. 

Lame. 

One 30 day late isn't going to hurt you that badly. By the time you fight and fight to get it off, it won't even be affecting your score anymore. Just let it go.

Starting Score: 515
Current Score: EQ08 711 EX08 731 TU08 735
Goal Score: 740+

Amex BCP $25k | Discover IT $15.7k | Cap 1 QS $10k | PSECU $10k | Citi DC $9300 | Citi DP $6800 | Barclay Ring $6500 | PayPal Extras MC $5045 | DCU $5000 | Chase Slate $5000 | Barclays AA $4100 | Chase Freedom $4000 | Union Plus $1000 | Target $500
Message 11 of 13
NachoHunter

Spoke to them on the phone and they said "They won't remove it unless there was some sort of an error, but it never hurts to try."

My arguement will be that I was never contacted regarding the loan, or the delinquincy of the loan for that matter, as I was living in another country.

Will take care of it next week and will try to get back to this post to update on progress. 

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi guys where there any success on your behalf........ I was thinking what about disputing it with the credit bureau, would it show a remark that is was disputed, therefore hiring your credit score.  

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.