Credit Card Center Advertiser Disclosure†
07-23-2008 12:37 AM
Dear Sir or Madam:
I recently requested that you make a goodwill adjustment on my accounts with the three credit reporting agencies. While I understand that you must report accurate information, I am asking you to simply delete the tradelines altogether. I would never ask you to report false information.
The Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) states that IF a lender reports information, they must report it accurately. I am simply asking that you NOT report the information at all. I would prefer these tradelines to be deleted from my credit report from all three credit reporting agencies (Equifax, TransUnion, and Experian).
I would like to thank Sallie Mae for furnishing my student loan needs. While I was happy with the service, I was going through a life shattering event. I was going through a divorce and trying to cope both emotionally and financially. Now that things are better, I do not want the past to haunt me for the next seven (7) years. Please consider this request. I would greatly appreciate it.
07-23-2008 08:38 AM
07-23-2008 08:55 AM - edited 07-23-2008 08:57 AM
07-23-2008 12:00 PM - edited 07-23-2008 02:54 PM
07-23-2008 02:24 PM
07-23-2008 02:54 PM
07-25-2008 04:36 PM
12-09-2011 12:16 AM
I hope this helps someone!!!!
Sallie mae recently report to my credit showing a late payment for over 90 days, my fico score for each agency drop 100 points. I was in school early that year so my loan was in deferment,but once that semester ended, I didn't return back to school until 8 mths later.
HERE'S WHAT I DID.....
1. DO NOT SPEAKING TO SM CUSTOMER SERVICE, THEY'RE PROGRAM TO SAY THE SAME DAM THING..... FAX A LETTER AND IT CANNOT BE REMOVE!!!
2. GET A COPY OF ALL 3 REPORT SHOWING ERROR, AND HIGHLIGHT SM
3. WRITE A LETTER STATING WHAT YOU WANT THEM TO DO, ( some people would say write a nice goodwill letter, while others would say write a demand... I took both approaches.....) be very detail... Not too short or long..To the point
4. Mail certified report, letter, and anything that will be helpful....In school deferment..Letter from school showing fulltime status...whatever is needed to show proof...Keep in mind not all school will automatically report to SM that you are a student..... That's an advantage to you.... I stated in my letter,, that I was told from SM customer service that my school did, and my acct will automatically go into deferment, when that's incorrect, I stated SM should train their employees..Etc etc....I did mention I would take legal action in the letter.....
5. Mail certified to : Office of the Customer Advocate PO Box 4200 Wilkes- Barre, PA 18773-4200 .. Also you can call
(888) 545-4199..These people are awesome!!!!!! Its a small office not a lot of people....But they listen to you.... I would recommend just to send out the letter first to them CERTIFIED..... Make sure you have a c/b number and act number listed on each paper..... Be very descriptive in your letter as to what went on...
This is what I did, on a Monday... By Fri. I got a call from SM customer adv. stating they will remove the negative reporting....3 weeks later my report was back to normal...Literally!!!!I also weeks later got a letter fom SM confirming the removing...
So don't get discourage people, I was just like you went online did some research, read all the horrible stories about SM, reading that they will never fix any errors.Etc... Everyone is different.... Never stop. I promise myself if this works for me, I'll go back online to inform others, and hopefully this will help someone.. Where one says no.. Someone says yes...... Man may rule but GOD OVERRULES!!!!
01-08-2012 03:20 PM
Thanks for sharing this positive story and thanks for the contact info.
01-09-2014 07:24 AM
I wrote a certified letter to Sallie Mae and a very nice woman promptly returned my letter with a phone call. They told me that they will never remove a late payment from someones history and when I mentioned that I knew of someone else who HAD had it done, she told me there must be a mistake because it never happens. I've had 80 months of on time payments and one 30 day late payment two years ago that I was trying to remove.