Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SALLIE MAE SUCCESS!!!!

tag
01mommy
New Contributor

SALLIE MAE SUCCESS!!!!

It took me SIX MONTHS, but I finally got those 90 and 120 lates from 2010 removed per the consumer advocate at Sallie Mae!!!

Here's the sitch:

1. Sallie Mae has a Dept of Ed side and a private loan side; because they service federal products, not all reps had access to DofE loan info...Sallie Mae outsourced calls to foreign countries until early 2010, I think, so it's highly likely for a deferment or forbearance to not have been applied to all your loans, even though that's what you thought you were doing, which was true in my case.

2. They will deny to no end that they could not possibly be wrong...KEEP PUSHING!!!  The last letter I sent specifically requested they send me any and all documentation to prove their case because they kept verifying with the CRAs despite the fact that their own records didn't even support the lates

3. Check the national student loan database...another source of info that can support yuor claim if it doesn't add up.  Every loan you ever received is listed there, along with EXACT dispersement, grace period, repayment, forbearance, and deferment dates.

4. DON'T GIVE UP!!!  I can't speak for everybody, but if you know, that you know, that you know this couldn't possibly be right, keep at it until they prove otherwise.  If they won't, you can contact the ombudsman of the DofEd and get them to assist you.

Sallie Mae may be acting crazy with private loans, but the DofEd seems to be taking concerns with any servicers of federal student loans very seriously and they know it...Keep up the good fight! 

Starting Score: 564 on 3/15/12
Current Score: 665 on 7/14/12
Goal Score: 675 by 9/12

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
georgia_girl
Established Member

Re: SALLIE MAE SUCCESS!!!!

You are so lucky, I'm trying to get lates removed from Sallie Mae. But I've not had any success. I'm going to fax them and demand any and all evidence to prove that I was late and in writing where it states the private loan forebearance is only so many months. 

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.