cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SL account showing $0 balance but we didn't pay it or default...

tag
JMMD
Frequent Contributor

SL account showing $0 balance but we didn't pay it or default...

In the end of May or beginning of June we filled out paper work online to consolidate my husband's SL. but we never finished the application. We decided to not consolidate. Today when I logged into my husband's account it is showing a $0 balance due and the last payment on June 28th was for the total amount of his loans. We never paid that ( it's $45K). I went back to where we were filing our consolidation papers and it's still showing as saved/not submitted. What is going on? His loans are through Direct Loans. Of couse I don't think we can call them today because it's Saturday.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
tcrutchf
Valued Member

Re: SL account showing $0 balance but we didn't pay it or default...

Maybe it was transferred and the new servicer isn't reporting yet.

Chapter 13 Discharge - October 27, 2021
Current FICO 8 scores: Experian-689 Equifax-676 TransUnion-656
Message 2 of 7
JMMD
Frequent Contributor

@tcrutchf wrote:

Maybe it was transferred and the new servicer isn't reporting yet.

Can they transfer it without notifying us? We haven't recieved anything. We have a payment that is due to go out Thursday and I have no idea if I should send it or not or who to send it to.

Message 3 of 7
Kohler
Established Member

I have direct loans and this happened to me recently. I pay my student loan to a different company now. They never let me know. I had to email them to find out where to send my payment.

Message 4 of 7
JMMD
Frequent Contributor

@Kohler wrote:

I have direct loans and this happened to me recently. I pay my student loan to a different company now. They never let me know. I had to email them to find out where to send my payment.

Thank you. My husband is going to call Monday and see what's up. Did is show up on your CR as DL closed and a new tradeline for the new company holding the loan?

Message 5 of 7
Kohler
Established Member

Yes.

Message 6 of 7
JMMD
Frequent Contributor

Thanks.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.