Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SL late payment date changed on credit report

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

SL late payment date changed on credit report

A student loan from my university was reported 30 days late back in 2001. I figured it would drop off my credit reports at the end of 2008. I recently checked and it has dropped off two of them except for one, Equifax, where it is now showing late as of April 2005, a month before the loan was paid off.

Forgive my ignorance, but why would the date reported late change like that and what are my options to have it removed?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: SL late payment date changed on credit report

Did you dispute this TL? Or send a letter? And were you ever late in 2005?
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I haven't done anything yet. To be honest, I'm really not very knowledgeable about credit matters such as this. That's why I've started to do research here and other credit boards. That TL is the only neg on my report (750, 753, and 720 from Equifax due to this)

I was never late in 2005. It was just the one time back in 2001 which had been reported correctly on all three reports until this past Dec when the date suddenly changed like that on Equifax.

Please forgive my noobishness but what would your advice be? I'm about to apply for more student loans for nursing school and just wanted everything to be in order.

Thanks!

Message 3 of 5
203bravo
Established Contributor

are you going to be seeking federal or private loans?  with those scores you really shouldn't have any issues.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'll be seeking anything I can get. The program is a one year accelerated bachelors program at a private university so it's going to cost upwards of 40-45K. Since I already have a bachelors, I believe I'm only eligible for unsub federal loans up to ~20K.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.