Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sallie Mae 90 Day Lates, GW, Score, Mortgages

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sallie Mae 90 Day Lates, GW, Score, Mortgages

Hi,

I have several derogs from Sallie Mae.  Equifax is showing two (2) 90-day lates, one from 5 years ago, one from last year.  TransUnion, is showing five (5) 90-day lates and two (2) 120-day lates.  All but one of the 90-day lates is from 5-6 years ago.  

When I pulled my TransUnion credit score through myFico, it was reported as a 662 (I have not been able to pull the Equifax yet, I think because I had pulled the report before visiting here).

A few questions: 

1. Does anyone have experience obtaining mortgages with similar derogs on their report?  Are the 90-day lates something that would virtually guarantee mortgage rejection? 

2. I've read that Sallie Mae occassionaly accepts GWs for 90-day lates.  I'd like to get the one from last year removed as it occured during a medical emergency with family and was not related in any way to inability to pay.  If I am able to have the year-old 90-day late removed would it likely improve my score and/or chances of obtaining a mortgage? 

Thanks, 

S.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Barris
Established Member

Re: Sallie Mae 90 Day Lates, GW, Score, Mortgages

A mortgage might be possible given the score but the key derogative tradelines might skew things out of line. Actually, a lot depends on the lender. Some do not even look at negative TLs which are at least a couple of years old.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.