smithdavies

Sallie Mae 90 Day Lates, GW, Score, Mortgages

Hi,

I have several derogs from Sallie Mae.  Equifax is showing two (2) 90-day lates, one from 5 years ago, one from last year.  TransUnion, is showing five (5) 90-day lates and two (2) 120-day lates.  All but one of the 90-day lates is from 5-6 years ago.  

When I pulled my TransUnion credit score through myFico, it was reported as a 662 (I have not been able to pull the Equifax yet, I think because I had pulled the report before visiting here).

A few questions: 

1. Does anyone have experience obtaining mortgages with similar derogs on their report?  Are the 90-day lates something that would virtually guarantee mortgage rejection? 

2. I've read that Sallie Mae occassionaly accepts GWs for 90-day lates.  I'd like to get the one from last year removed as it occured during a medical emergency with family and was not related in any way to inability to pay.  If I am able to have the year-old 90-day late removed would it likely improve my score and/or chances of obtaining a mortgage? 

Thanks, 

S.

Established Member
Barris

Re: Sallie Mae 90 Day Lates, GW, Score, Mortgages

A mortgage might be possible given the score but the key derogative tradelines might skew things out of line. Actually, a lot depends on the lender. Some do not even look at negative TLs which are at least a couple of years old.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+