cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sallie Mae: 90 days Late, Deferred, Rehab?

tag
NickiB983
Valued Member

Sallie Mae: 90 days Late, Deferred, Rehab?

Here is my situation.  My credit score is 689.  My worst blemish is a 90-day late in Nov 2007 from Sallie Mae.  I had financial hardship for years and routinely was granted economic hardship deferment.  However, there was a time where I was not on top of this and this must have been when I was late (just this one time).  In the past five months, I have been paying 100 dollars a month towards my loan.  However after all the interest, I still owe 1500 more than the loan was originally for (I owe 9000 approximately).  Since I've started repaying-is rehabilitation an option for me or only for people with serious defaults.  Is there any way for me to get this awful blemish off of my report?  I've just turned 26 and at the time had no idea what was going on or how important it was to monitor all different accounts and credit.  Any advice would be much appreciated.  THANK YOU!

Starting Score: 660
Current Score: 740
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
LynnBushea
New Contributor

Re: Sallie Mae: 90 days Late, Deferred, Rehab?

I am having the same problem with Sallii Mae. I had my loans refinanced but for some reason SM is still reporting me late. I called them to get it corrected and nnone could help me. Each department sent me to another becasue noone knows why I am being reported since I nolonger have a loan. I finally gave up...I have disputed with each credit bureau but it always come back verified. I have disputed so many times that the CB finally told me that I had to send proof....I have asked Sallii Mae to send me a letter...i will see if that helps...but I am not expecting anything with this....Does anyone have any advice?

Starting Score: 478
Current Score: 650
Goal Score: 750+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 3
NickiB983
Valued Member

Re: Sallie Mae: 90 days Late, Deferred, Rehab?

That's terrible!  If they checked it most likely would come back as validated.  At the time, I didn't even think about my credit report.  Now, though, I'm not sure if I should attack it through Sallie Mae-by telling them they were wrong (although they most likely werent) and hoping for the best or are there other options?  If I could go back to my youth knowing what I know now about credit it would have played out differently!

Starting Score: 660
Current Score: 740
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.