Valued Member
sperrin

Sallie Mae Cosigner Release

Hi Guys,

I withdrew from school my Junior year.  I've made a total of 28 on time payments with Sallie Mae.  I called to have the cosigner released, but since I did not graduate they will not allow for it.  Do I have any other options as far as releasing the consigner?  I can't consolidate the loan since it's private.  

Thanks! 

Community Leader<br> Valued Contributor</br>
Community Leader
Valued Contributor
SCF

Re: Sallie Mae Cosigner Release

The best thing to do would be to review the paperwork you received when you got the loan or call back and specifically ask if there are any other ways to pursue a co-signer release.  Whether to release the co-signer is up to Sallie Mae, so they set the requirements that you have to meet.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}