Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sallie Mae Debt Relief, Help whatever you want to call it

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sallie Mae Debt Relief, Help whatever you want to call it

Hi there! New to the board here and had a very urgent question:

Is there any help with Sallie Mae Loans? I was enrolled into a program at the new year and just today they tell me it was an "error" and say I am 6 months behind and they will default! I am trying to pay my debt and eat still eat is all--no lofty dreams.

I am severely underemployed--(I have my foot in the door with a decent employer, but its only partime at this point)looking for more work and can't afford much---at this point anything over the $50.00 month graduate payment program I thought I was in will eat into my grocery money (and I'm already living on ramen and peanut butter)or gas money (there isnt a well established transit system where I live or work).

Sallie Mae says I have used all my forbearnce and deferment but I just didnt think I'd be in this situation with over 25,000.00 in private loans breathing down my neck.

I just need a helping hand in this rough patch--I am not trying to duck out of the Loan.

I also filed a complaint with the CFPB http://www.consumerfinance.gov/ last month but that will take time so I am at a loss--what can I do?

I have had this company hovering around me since 2004---wish I had never gone to culinary school....

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
01mommy
New Contributor

Re: Sallie Mae Debt Relief, Help whatever you want to call it

Is this a Dept of Ed loan or a private loan?

Starting Score: 564 on 3/15/12
Current Score: 665 on 7/14/12
Goal Score: 675 by 9/12

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Private.

All my fed loans have been consolidated and are in deferment due to my underemployed status.

Message 3 of 4
2NE1
Established Contributor

I'm on the same boat... been unemployed since January from making $63K/year to $0... *sigh* I did apply for unemployment benefits which have been helping on getting some of these student loans paid but usually with some days late although not enough to make it report to 60+ days late on my CR. What blows is that I gotta go back to school to finish my degree which means that I'm gonna end up adding more loans/debt Smiley Sad I'm unsure that once I start classes payments will stop... I think I may have already used all my forbearnce and deferment as well!

Good luck to you!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.