Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sallie Mae Forbearance

tag
atarvuzdar
Established Contributor

Sallie Mae Forbearance

Hi all,

Had an issue with Sallie Mae loans not being paid so my credit report is (accurately) showing those lates, however I have had the loans in forbearance for a year and a half but all of the loans (6 separate ones for 6 semesters of schooling... ugh) are showing Current Status as 90+ days late, even though the payment history shows "OK" for the last year and a half. Is this correct?? It doesn't seem to me that it is, but I'm looking for some clarification from all of you experts. Smiley Happy

Also, if it is not correct, would it be better to dispute with the CRA, or go directly to Sallie Mae? My understanding is SM is not very easy to deal with in regards to the information they report on CRs. If, however, the current status is showing correctly, what do I need to do to get it to show as not being late? I'm assuming this Current Status is keeping my score down, particularly since it's on 6 loans!

Thank you all in advance for your help!

FICO 8: EQ 846 / TU 836 / EX 832
AMEX Platinum / BofA Cash Rewards Visa Sig $99,900 / Chase CSR $43,400 / Citi Double Cash $39,600 / AMEX EveryDay $30,000 / Discover It $26,000 / Gemini $25,000 / JetBlue $25,000 / Chase Freedom Unlimited $22,500
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.