supercar8

Sallie Mae - GW? Paying in full?

Good morning: I have a small student loan with Sallie Mae, with currently has a balance of just over $1300. I had a few late payments in 2007, and on my credit report they have listed two 90-days late, for October and November of 2007. (There are not a 30-day and a 60-day, just the 2 90-days for those months). I have heard that Sallie Mae will not GW anything while your account is still open.

I am able to pay off the entire balance amount in full, but would obviously like to have those baddies off my report. I am trying to clean up my credit, and need all the GW I can get!!

Does anyone have experience with getting a GW adjustment to their report “in exchange” for making a payment in full? How would I go about requesting this?

Also, (if I can’t get a GW from them), would it be better score-wise for my report to just pay this thing off, or to continue to pay each month, so it would be positively reported each month? I have about 40k in other student loans (which are all current – no baddies), so paying this off won’t really change my debt ratio that much.

Thanks for any advise you can offer.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+